Monday, February 9, 2009

A 3-Step Action Plan For Laid-Off Workers

For the last year or so I have been watching more news programs than ever with the run-up to the recent election; and as you all know the layoffs are being reported in droves. Sitting there watching the daily reports made me think back on the time when I was laid off myself; and the attitude and actions that I took.

So I decided to write this article in hopes of help others come out on the other side of being laid off in a better financial position than ever.

Step One: Managing the Emotional Aspect of Being Laid Off Is Critical

Fortunately prior to my being laid off I was exposed to a lot of information concerning self esteem, self value and so on. I in other words was well on my way to believing in myself. The type of literature that I was reading simply validated a lot of the individual human values that I was taught as a child in church. Basically, what the creator thinks of you is the absolute truth; and in his eyes, you are magnificent!

In short the first thing you need to do is realize your value! Take it from a very shy and low key guy; the power is within you to change your own circumstances no matter how the world seems to say the opposite.

Your biggest enemy right now is fear and anxiety! I know you are extremely concerned about losing your income; but you have to find a way to direct your energy towards positive out comes.

Step Two: Rethink Your Income Potential. Consider Opportunities That Are Lay-off Proof.

I am a high school graduate, but even if you have a degree or several degrees, it would serve you well to consider alternative incomes that do not depend on the whims of your boss or the seemingly natural flow of many businesses of grow and then cut back. I always hated that the first ones to go were the people that actually do the work. Anyway, that's another article.

What I did, and you can do also is find a legitimate low cost online business to start. I am not saying that you should not follow the career advice of all the people on TV. I am just telling you from experience that you should try to participate in a small business that rewards you for your efforts!

That way you can build an income that will be there no matter what happens on the job. I also know that there are plenty of false promises, scams and so on online. I was ripped off over and over again before becoming a full time online marketer; and I promise you that anything that I suggest is tried and true! You can contact me on that! As you can see the sting of being ripped off is still with me.

Step Three: Carefully Gather Information On Operating an Business Online.

Yes I said carefully. There are a lot of people out their that have no problem taking advantage of the situation that you are in. A good rule of thumb is; if you can contact the person behind the opportunity personally, the opportunity is probably legit. Even if its a email address that gives you a response within a day or 2, that is way better than nothing.

I took this route in and I am so glad that I did. I am now a full-time online marketer and I know that most people, especially over 40 years old, don't think that they know enough about the Internet to succeed. Well I am 47 and I admit, you do have to be open minded in order to succeed; but it can be done. Most of the technical things you need to know have been simplified. Everything from building websites to publishing articles like this can be done by anyone willing to take the time.

Just don't let fear stop you! No one is more deserving of financial success than you. You have to know that!

Click the link below and take advantage of the free information at the following site. You can do it. Take action and you will make it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Click Here For Detailed Instructions